Claim this page for your business.Learn More
George Animal Hospital
The George Animal Hospital is a mixed veterinary practice based in George in the Western Cape. At the George Animal Hospital, we offer a comprehensive range of veterinary services to dogs, cats, birds, exotic pets as well as farm animals including cattle, sheep, goats, horses, and pigs.
We also have vast experience in wildlife veterinary medicine. We strive to provide top class veterinary services to all our patients, whether it be an emergency or routine animal preventative health. We believe in an integrated approach to health in the animal, human and environmental cycle.
Having four veterinarians on board at George Animal Hospital and with each having their own unique interests, we are able to offer a wide variety of animal health care and veterinary services. We offer veterinary services as well as emergency veterinary services for all animals at any times.
George Animal Hospital has a fully equipped veterinary surgery and pharmacy which enables us to provide excellent veterinary services in and around the George area during consultation hours or after hours (including weekends).
Our appointment system also ensures that our clients can receive veterinary services for their animals at the George Animal Hospital without unnecessary delay or having to wait.
- Emergency care 24hours, 7 days a week
- Small animal veterinary medical consultations
- Large animal consultation and herd health
- Avian and exotic health care
- Equine health and surgery
- Reproduction services (Breeding soundness, general)
- Diagnostics (radiographs, ultrasound, in-house laboratory)
- Dentistry (fully equipped dental theatre)
- Welfare services and wildlife rescue
- Skincare (Allergy and parasite management)
- Castrations and spays
- Wildlife consultations (Medicine, surgery, and reproduction)
- Health certificates (TB, CA, movement permits, BSE)
- Hospitalization (separate dog, cat and bird wards)
- Eye procedures (diagnostic, medicine and surgery)
- Microchip implantation and registration
- Hip and elbow grading and certificates
- Cardiology (ECG’s) and access to MRI and CT
- Pet retail shop (premium pet food, toys etc.)
- Post mortems on animals
Phone number: 044 874 4259
After hours EMERGENCY NUMBER: 082 376 6555
PO Box 2858, George, 6530
Mondays – Fridays: 08:00-12:00; 15:00-18:00
Sundays and Public holidays: AFTER HOURS
Emergencies: AFTER HOURS